In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, during summer/fall operations, the Corduroy Inn, Appalachia Kitchen and Pizza Slice have taken a number of proactive steps to help ensure the health and safety of our guests and Team Members. Precautions include frequent sanitation of public areas, increased attention to high-touch areas, limits on the number of guests in particular areas, and health screening and protective gear for our Team Members.
Responsibilities of Team Members:
• Frequent Hand Washing
• COVID-19 Training
• Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Team Members to have their temperatures taken prior to each shift.
• Staying home if they exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive
• Restaurant tables to be utilized with appropriate physical distancing.
• Restaurants will be limited to 50 percent occupancy
• Reservations taken with physical distancing in mind and the restaurant's reduced capacity.
• Service stations, service carts, beverage stations, counters, handrails and trays to be frequently sanitized
• POS terminals sanitized between each user and before and after each shift. If multiple servers are assigned to a POS terminal, servers will sanitize their hands after each use.
• Dining tables and chairs to be sanitized before and after each use.
• Condiments to be served in single use containers.
• Check presenters, votives, pens and all other reusable guest contact items to be either sanitized after
each use or changed to single use/disposable items.
• Menus are single use and will be printed in house daily
• Food preparation stations to be sanitized at least once per hour.
• Kitchens to be deep cleaned and sanitized at least once per day.
• All straws to be wrapped and given to the guests to open.
• Your guest room will be appropriately disinfected and inspected prior to your arrival.
• Daily maid service will not be offered, so no employees will enter your room during your stay unless required due to emergency. For guests staying more than 1 night, extra towels will be supplied in your closet for your comfort and convenience.
• Lobby areas, guest entrances will be sanitized frequently.
• Light switches, door handles, TV remotes, clocks, thermostats, counter tops, and bathroom
fixtures will all be sanitized prior to your arrival.
• We have removed all washable glassware in hotel rooms and replaced them with disposable
• We have removed non-essential paper literature in hotel rooms and common areas of the hotel.
• All rooms will have a 72 hour hold period before next check-in. (i.e. no other guest will have stayed in your room for 72 hours prior to your arrival)